Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I actually really enjoyed chapter sixteen because of the character development and for the first time i felt like the story was going somewhere, literally and figuratively. I liked that there is now an apparent goalin the book. Genly and Estraven have somewhere, Karhide, that they are trying to get to unlike earlier in the book when I didn't really know what to make of things or what the point of things was. I'm still not really sure how this book is going to have a good ending, maybe it won't but we are getting close to the end and i wonder how the author will deal with this. I feel like I understood what was going on in the chapter a lot more because the plot was more simple and clear, i know that some people found this boring but i enjoyed it. i also felt like this was the first chapter where we actually got to know Estraven and Genly because the chapter wasn't about Karhide or Orgoreyn it was about them. I have also really changed my opinion of Estraven over the past few chapters. At the begining i didn't really like or trust him but now i can see that he has good intentions and really is looking out for Genly Ai.

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with you!
    I never really trusted Estraven until I realized how much he sacrificed for Genly. Also, you are right about chapter 16 discribing Estraven and Genly's characters rather than discribing the city/country/planet that they live on.

    ReplyDelete