Wednesday, April 1, 2009

I found "When it Changed" to be kind of confusing the over all gist of the reading I got but the details were hard to follow. I thought that the women lived on a separate part of Earth and that the men were coming from another part. How else would they speak russian? But everyone else in class seemed to think they were on a different planet. I was also confused with how they managed to have kids with no men (I mean the science behind it). The message that i got from the reading was that it is impossible for us to have complete equality between the sexes while there are still two. People have created these certain stereotypes that men and women are supposed to fall into and it is impossible to rid society of this categorizing. I think the reading had a similar message as Left Hand of Darkness but it had a little more of a feminist message. I think Left Hand more about creating equality with no gender where as When it Changed was more about how there can't be equality with men.

No comments:

Post a Comment